Re: Problems with CV643D/ZII

Hi Sebastian,

> Dnia 12-Gru-97, Peter Reich napisaî:
> >Hi,
>
> >I have some problems with NetBSD-1.3_BETA.
> >I have an A2000 with an GForce 030 Accelerator card with 16MB Ram,
> >Commodore Arcnet, BSC Multiface 3 and a CyberVision64/3D
>
> CV64/3D driver do not work with Zorro2...

As mentioned earlier: this is wrong.

There was CV64/3D - ZorroII - support in the sources, which we commented
out on the release branch, because it wasn't tested at all. Around this
time the NetBSD-1.3_ALPHA binaries were built.

After this happened, we managed to test a CV64/3D in a Zorro II
environment (in a A3000 with the slot forced to Zorro II mode with the
help of a wire... see the Amiga Hardware Reference Manual, Third
Edition, for details). It worked fine in the test machine, so we
enabled the Z2 support again before the 1.3_BETA snapshot was built.

If this doesnt work for other Z2 machines, something is wrong, but we
need to find out, what exactly. Thats why I asked Peter Reich to connect
a serial console, so that we can see the error messages created before
the Graphics console is decided upon.