Subject: Serial console on ser0 during instfs bootup
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sune Stjerneby <sust@uv.khs.dk>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/03/1997 09:09:59
Shalom Alachem.

I am in the process of replacing a Linux/m68k-installation on an A4000
with NetBSD
1.2.1.

However, this A4000 suffers from hardware malfunctions which results in,
that the inputs
(keyboard, mouse) are disabled.

I have no problem in accessing shells from my serially connected
terminal with e.g. mgetty
or the AUX: device under AmigaOS, at 19200 baud.

However, nothing appears on the terminal during and after the boot of
the netbsd kernel (which
reports no errors and detects all hardware flawlessy), when my serial
terminal is connected.

How do I enable a serial console?

Can I:

a) Pass arguments to the kernel, instructing it to route the console to
ser0
If not, is the kernel able to be re-compiled (with the necessary
changes) under e.g. ADE or simply gcc/amigaos?

b) Mount the installation filesystem on my i386-based BSD box, and then
set up a getty on ser0
If so, which filesystem is used with instfs

Note: The i386 box runs Linux and FreeBSD. The A4000 used to run
Linux/m68k, and currently runs AmigaOS 40.25.

--
Sune Stjerneby  [mail] sust@uv.khs.dk
Protovision  [info] http://www.uv.khs.dk/students/sust/