Re: PPC port to Amiga's with PowerUP or other PPC cards

Hi Markus!

 On Mon, 1 Dec 1997 20:34:28 +0100 (MET) you wrote:

> > Why? Once the PowerPC was started (by a special loadbsd/gobsd) and had
> > relocated the kernel, we can ignore the 680x0 completely. Or am I
> > missing something?
>
> Yes, you are. How would you access the "rest" of the Amiga w/o the
> second CPU?

As Matthias already pointed out, the PowerPC can access the whole
address space of the Amiga. It's true, I tested it with my CSPPC
604e/200. The PPC can even execute code in Chip RAM!

Greetings,

--
   _  Frank Wille (frank%phoenix.owl.de@localhost)
_ //  http://fiction.pb.owl.de/~frank/