Re: Install problem with 1.2.1

Hi Sven,

> I tried to install NetBSD 1.2.1 lately. I have done everything what´s
> described in the installation
> instructions. Now when I try to load NetBSD it starts and then asks for the
> root device. So far so good
> but it doesn´t find the root-partition. I have a second SCSI 540MB HD which I
> splitted in 4 Partitions.
> One for AmigaDOS with 250MB, root with 35MB, swap with 30 MB, usr with 230MB.
> Everything is done
> like described in the instructions. But NetBSD doesn´t recognize the
> root-partition. Is there a problem
> with the partitioning of my drive?

so, you probably should have told it (dont know what machine you have,
so I dont know wether you have an ide masquerading (to NetBSD) as SCSI)
to use sd1* as boot partition, when the kernel asked, is this right?

> The second thing is that I would like to know if there is a possibility to use
> the CV64/3D with NetBSD.

at least partial (graphics-only) service will be possible in NetBSD-1.3.

        Ignatios Souvatzis