Re: CyberSCSI MK-II support and my HD

On 12-Paź-97, Ruben van Staveren wrote:

>> I've been testing new 1.2G kernel (phase5 SCSI support) with my CyberSCSI
>> MK-II attached to CyberStorm MK-II 060/50MHz. I booted it from my IDE
>>
>> Oct 11 19:52:23 amiga /netbsd: warning found rdb->secpercyl(794) !=
>> rdb->nsectors(159) * rdb->nheads(5)
>> Oct 11 19:52:23 amiga /netbsd: warning lp->d_sparespercyl(1) not multiple
>of
>> lp->d_ntracks(5)

>look on http://www.quantum.com/ if there are any jumpers to set,
>maybe that helps.

Nope. I tried, but this is a problem with firmware that says there is 159
blocks per track, 5 heads and only 793 blocks per cylinder (while 159 * 5 is
795). AmigaOS' FFS handles it just ok, AFS thinks that there's 795 blocks
per cylinder, overestimates size of the partition and overwrites beginning
of the next one.

What NetBSD does is unknown to me, perhaps there is someone who knows... I
guess patching the kernel to calculate number of blocks per cylinder
correctly wouldn't be that difficult, but there may be more to it that just
the number of blocks...

>Or is it possible to obtain a firmware update ?

Some guy from Australia who suffers from similar problem was bugging
Quantum, but they said he needed to send the disk for replacement. :( Not so
easy...

Milek
--
http://wfmh.man.szczecin.pl/~thorgal

"In 1977 an heavenly being spoke to me about
an injury to my head that happened in 1968."