Subject: Xamiga server problem?
From: Konstantinos Margaritis <markos@acropolis.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/16/1997 20:15:22
   Hi,
   I have noticed that while in 8bit mode on a PiccoloSD64, some programs=
 that
claim to be running at 8bit -and I have seen them on other platforms, e.g=
 Linux,
Solaris- fail to run on mine. No core dumps. Just a blank display, mostly=
 black.
Some of the programs are Mesa 2.3 apps -although all the demos run- inclu=
ding
glchess, vtk1.3, Renderpark, vis5d, etc. Some of the failing programs inc=
lude
Abuse -the game :).
   All of them compiled and linked with no problems and run ok, but with =
no
display.
   So could it be a Xserver problem? I have the X11R6.1 sources, so I cou=
ld do a
recompile, if needed. I believe some other files are also needed to apply=
 the
Amiga patches. Which are they? Will recompiling enable me to have 24-bit =
support
too?
   Thanks for your help.

-- =

Konstantinos Margaritis
Under-graduate student at Physics Dept. of Athens University
e-mail: markos@acropolis.net, talk: root@markos.dyn.ml.org=