Re: Ariadne errors

Hello!

> > The only problem I have is with the networking, while initializing the
> > ae0 interface I get the message : lost carrier.

This is "normal" if you use the UTP port - at least it does no harm -
although it is ugly and confuses obviously ppl.

> > I also get rather a few of the messages like:
> > crc mismatch
> > framing error

I see those messages (and some others) too, with a basic Amiga 3000
(e.g. 68030@25Mhz) at a very busy network. Again nothing to wory about,
although it is ugly, and IMHO should only be printed on DEBUG.

> > Maybe there is some relation to the IDE driver, as my disk is on the
> > IDE interface of my A4000.

No. I see this too with two SCSI hard drives, no IDE.

> > If anyone knows what I might do to get the errors to disappear, it
> > would be great!

You can read the source and try to encapsulate the output with
"#ifdef DEBUG" or similar.

> I've been reported worse errors from somebody with the Apollo 3060.
> Basically, he had to switch caching completely off in his kernel (you
> can guess he knows how to handle a C compiler).

Ignatios, this is unrelated in this case. I am pretty sure.

> I suspect They (Apollo) did change something in the way the
> Z2BUS-and-related address (e.g. A3000 Motherboard i/o) space is cached,
> although they denied it.

I see the same things on an non-accelerated A3000 (NIUD). Have a look
yourself (/var/log/messages) :-)

Greets
--

   Name  : Thorsten Frueauf            Milano@irc cri@onaliM       //