Subject: Setting up for dial-in
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Damien J. Hill <djhill@enterprise.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 08/05/1997 21:50:25
Hello,

I'm trying to set up my NetBSD system to accept a dial-in using a modem. =
 The trouble is, I must get it right in the first few attempts as I have =
to dial-in from outside - and there's nobody to shut the computer down --=
properly-- if it goes mad.

I've added two lines to my "/etc/ttys" file (I know that I have to choose=
 between one or the other :-)

   tty00  "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"   vt220   on secure       # int. =
serial.

and:

   tty00  "/usr/libexec/getty d1200"      vt220   on insecure   # no root=
 logins?

Note that I have used some of the presets from gettytab; I have chosen sl=
ow ones for now.

When I start up NetBSD with the second line above, the modem seems to be =
ready for calls (although I could be completely wrong).  However, I need =
to send my modem the command to AutoAnswer any incoming calls and this is=
 my main problem.  Is it possible to send an initialization string to "/d=
ev/tty00" on startup?

I'm not sure if I'm on the right track, so any help would be great.

-- =

Damien
------