Subject: Mangled directories (fwd)
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: ajohnson <ajohnson@accessv.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/27/1997 19:38:27
  I own an Amiga 2000 (WB 3.1 v40.42; KS v40.63) accellerated to an 060 by a
Tek-Magic 2060 card holding 32MB of RAM and a SCSI controller on which sits my
main HD.  Since the SCSI controller on the 2060 was not supported by NetBSD, I
installed the required partitions on an older 405 MB DEC H.D. connected
through an A2091.  Upon installing the kernel, I discovered that in order for
the installation to work, I had to copy the ``inst-12.fs'' file to my root
partition rather than the swap partition as described in the installation
instructions.  After struggling to get miniroot to boot, I then ran into an
additional problem which remains unsolved...
  After choosing to install the root partition on sd0 as desired, I was
confronted with a "/:bad dir ino 7 at offset 0: mangled entry".  I explored
the problem quite a bit myself before writing this message and apparently the
"mnt", "mnt2" and "tmp" directories as well as some others were ``mangled'' to
the point where I could not access their contents.  According to the
installation instructions I downloaded, I configured all my partitions
correctly, (with the exception of installing miniroot to the root partition) I
set everything in HDToolbox up according to directions.  I strongly suspect
that my HD is in good shape considering I was just using it to hold an amiga
dos partition.  I have exhausted all my personal resources trying to solve
this problem, any suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

--Alex Johnson-ajohnson@accessv.com--