Subject: Re: IP translator
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Net BSD Support <bsd@blkhole.resun.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/19/1997 15:02:20
On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, David Brownlee wrote:

> > > NetBSD-1.3 will have it integrated. (No, there is no release date
> > > yet).
> >
> > Does this imply that the package is already in -current release that
> > is at NetBSD.Org?
>
> 	Yes - I'm using it on i386 & sparc ports.
> 	(I'm also testing an ip-up script that will automatically
> 	setup NAT from any other attached networks over a dynamically
> 	assigned IP address)

Great!  I've down-loaded and unpacked the -current release from NetBSD.org.
I've got a couple of questions regarding the building of the -current
release.  Pointers to an FAQ are acceptable.

Can the -current release co-exist with the real 1.2 release?  If so, what
directory structure is used to support this, so that I will be compatible
with the rest of the world?

After I unpacked the tar files, I went to the 'arch/amiga/compile'
directory and copied the GENERIC config file as 'blkhole' and hacked it up
to match my old configuration file from the 1.2 release.  When I attempted
to 'config blkhole' from that directory, it seems to be trying to include
'arch/amiga/config/std.amiga.'  I can see the file that it is trying to
use, but I obviously have my directory structure set up in a way that
isn't compatible.  Is there a FAQ that explains this?

Thanks,
--
  Don Phillips         bsd@blkhole.resun.com
  Research Unlimited