Subject: Extended Memory on GVP SCSI card
From: Net BSD Support <bsd@blkhole.resun.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/11/1997 11:31:09
Hi, All:

I installed my GVP SCSI card that has 4 MB of memory on it in my A3000.
The card is recognized successfully by NetBSD 1.2, and the additional
memory area is shown as being in the system.  There are no errors reported
when the card is configured into the system.

Being adventuresome, I ran the boot block code with -ASn2 to see if I could
get the additional memory added to the system.  The system went from 16MB
-> 20MB as expected.  The problem is that at the point that it started
executing '/etc/netstart,' I first ended up with a 'vm error' and was
dropped into the debugger.  I rebooted with the same options, and at the
same point, the system froze.

Can somebody tell me if the additional memory on the GVP card is
supported and, if so, what I need to do to make use of it?  I'm
considering installing X for the first time, and from what I've read, the
more memory, the merrier.

Thanks,
--
  Don Phillips         bsd@blkhole.resun.com