Subject: Re: Installation problems
To: None <hanssen@bART.nl>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/09/1997 22:07:06
[...]
> I currently have to boards in the system:    1 My Piccolo 24bit gfx-board
>
>                                              2 Fastlane SCSI2-controller

 Please dont use this board. The fastlane is "supported", but not well
enough.

> Then the system just sits there with the cursor blinking at the next line. No
> reaction on keyboard, except for [Cntrl, Amiga, Amiga]. It doesn't see the
> scsiboard, nor the drives attached to it, nor the gfx-card, nor the partitions
> I created, nothing.

 Hm. Iznogud.

>     - all the options in loadbsd

 Darn, you already have?

> Please, any suggestions other than to give up? I'm really desperate,

 I must admit, that I do not see a solution. I am a bit lost, because
you where doing very fine by trying all the things you did by removing
and replacing boards and such.

 The issue is, that your IDE-drive obviously does not release
the "grip" of the probe-routines. For SCSI I would recommend to
try the -I option. This doesnt work for IDE...

 Sorry, no (obvious|instaneous) help.

--
Markus Illenseer