Subject: Clock drift?
From: Net BSD Support <bsd@blkhole.resun.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/05/1997 04:08:32
Hi, All:

I've just finished installing xntpd on my A3000, running NetBSD 1.2.
When running under SVR4, I suffered a lossage of time >30 seconds per
day.  Xntpd would seem to be the answer, but after about 4 hours of
running, it no longer syncronizes the clock.  I'm guessing that this
is because the drift on my clock is too great.  Also, the 'tickadj'
program provided as part of the package wants to use a tickadj of 5
instead of the kernel value of 40.  When it tries to open /dev/kmem to
make the change, the open is refused.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I could do to fix the clock?

Thanks,

--
  Don Phillips         bsd@blkhole.resun.com
  Research Unlimited