Subject: Re: atapi cd-rom drive
To: Grzegorz Wojtowicz <grzesiek@ajax.umcs.lublin.pl>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/04/1997 10:13:01
On Jul  4, 12:49pm, Grzegorz Wojtowicz wrote:
> Anyone knows how to make atapi cd-rom drive (TOSHIBA 4x) works with
> netbsd1.1 kernel (running on a1200)

  Write an atapi driver :-)

  The IDE interface support currently doesn't know anything about atapi
drives (even in -current as far as I know).  I haven't even looked at
existing atapi drivers to know how easy or difficult it would be to add
to the Amiga idesc driver.

> > mount_cd9660 -o ro /dev/cd?a /mnt
>
> complains about : device not configured.

  /dev/cd* are SCSI CDROM devices, so there won't be any /dev/cd* devices
configured unless you have a SCSI CDROM drive.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant