Subject: Swapping to file - the saga continues
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/18/1997 02:58:55
Thanks to Bernd Ernesti, i've been able to whack up a kernel that can swap to a
file running NetBSD/amiga V1.2. Just for the record, here's the steps:

 - add the following line to /sys/arch/amiga/conf/files.amiga:
	major {vnd = 6}
 - Remove 'options GENERIC' from kernel config file
 - Add a line similar to the following in there:
	config  netbsd root on sd1 swap on sd1 and vnd0c
 - Make a new kernel
 - In the mean time create the swap file (here: 100MB in /foo/bar):
	dd if=/dev/zero of=/foo/bar bs=1m count=100
 - Add the following lines early in /etc/rc.local:
        vnconfig -c /dev/vnd0c foo/bar
        swapon /dev/vnd0c
 - Reboot & check with "pstat -sk"

and now for the oddity:
At least I here get an output from pstat that tells me that only 33MB are used
as swapspace, though the file's 100MB big! Has anyone seen this? I'm using
several swapfiles right now, but anyways...

Hubert

--
Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>