Subject: Re: reRe: EOF in ksrc12
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/07/1997 19:28:32
Hi Ignatios,

>    As this is not the first time this has happened, does anybody with src-tree
>    access (Bernd, Klaus, Ignatios) care to put this line :
>
>    > cksum *.?? | diff - CKSUM
>
>    into the install documents, explaining what to do when you get an
[...]
> This is no split-file issue (btw, at least i386 use split-files, too).
> Any part of the binary distribution has (should have) a CHKSUM file with
> cksum * output, which can be compared with the
>
> chksum * | diff - CHKSUM
>
> for example.

Well, then I suggest that this fact should be stated somewhere in the MI-install
documents. It's just a couple of lines, but it will save a lot of beginners
headaches, when they know how to find out if a downloaded file is corrupt. And it
will save us reading the questions over and over again. And if people don't read
the install docs, we can at least refer them to the docs to find out.

Thanx again,

  Guenther