Re: CV64/3D

Markus Illenseer wrote:

>  Have you read the FAQ, the INSTALL.Amiga and have searched older
> mail archives (www.netbsd.org) for your question?
>
>  The reason why people react quite harsh to your request is, that
> you did not read them, and that we receive about a dozen unqualified
> question like yours every month.

i have experienced some harsh reaction from this mailing list, for
something that i can assure you, where from neither in any FAQ nor
in the INSTALL.Amiga. i have tried and searched for more than a month
before addressing this mailing list for help.

anyway how could i dream that i had to use the -I option with loadbsd
nowhere i could find information about the options of loadbsd
and loadbsd ? only hang. there was no manual explaining that.

i think the reason of this is perhaps that there is only one
amiga-Netbsd mailing list, and it seems to me that it is devoted
more to serious matters, than helping beginners.

so perhaps it will be a good idea to revert to 2 mailing lists
(like i think it was before), one for serious matter, and one for
helping
first time installation, so the ones who don't want to receive beginners
email will no more be be worried by them. and at the same time,
beginners
will get some kind of help, perhaps from the part of other beginners
who have experienced this kind of trouble, and have the time fot
responding
to such email. since we don't (yet) are active in the developing of
netbsd
it is only right that we help in user support :)

ok that was only some small idea about this, and i think that nothing
justifies harsh responses, apart if you want to mantain a closed mailing
list
if say it, but i think it will not be a good thing for the future of
amiga-netbsd ...

Sven LUTHER