Info on kernel programming?

        Hi Peoples,

        I have recently started looking at adding some simple changes to
the NetBSD kernel. Things basically just for me. With possible extensions
for other people t use.

        And I found that there are lots of little internal things about
the kernel that I am not 100% sure on. What kind of memory needs to be
MALLOC'ed to use some of the internal kernel functions.

        So what I am wonderinf is if there is any kind of a book or
document available that details these kinds of things and might give a
relative novice some guidelines.

        Any information at all will be greatly appriciated.

        Thanks,
        Joshua