Subject: Re: CV64/3D
To: None <stager@dedal.man.szczecin.pl>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/05/1997 18:33:01
> Wow..... I've never started such project. I'm new on the list and
> I've tried to get some infos abt. cv64/3D and NetBSD. Thanx a lot...

 Have you read the FAQ, the INSTALL.Amiga and have searched older
mail archives (www.netbsd.org) for your question?

 The reason why people react quite harsh to your request is, that
you did not read them, and that we receive about a dozen unqualified
question like yours every month.

> I haven't got big experience with programming device driviers on
> unix systems. I wrote just few pararlel implementation of numeric
> methods in PowerC on SGI PowerChallenge XL architecture, but NOT
> a device driver!

 Everybody needs a start. Writing a device driver is not any harder
than a decent numeric or stochastic method. It doesnt require
lot of brain - just some "read the source, Luke" (other device
drivers) and infos about the chip set of the graphic board (which are,
in the case of Phase5, not really been made available...)

> I think that s3 trio and s3 virge are compatible. However we should
> try to contact with phase5 and get infos abt. this product. Maybe
> driver for cv64/3d will be "just" a copy of cv64 driver? I don't know ;)

 They are not compatible. Just remotely. And the 3D-stuff would have
to be programmed addditionally.

--
Markus Illenseer