g++ causes kernel panic (part 3)

At 28-Apr-97 Ignatios Souvatzis(ignatios%cs.uni-bonn.de@localhost) wrotes about
Re: g++
causes kernel panic (part 2)

>did you try to call
>g++ -v
>instead of
>g++

>to find out which programs are really called, and ldd on those
>programs to fid out which shared libs they use?

I did now.

g++ -v hello.cpp
told me, that after the includes were found, /usr/libexec/cc1plus
is called. cc1plus needs /usr/lib/libgnumalloc.so.0.0 and
/usr/lib/libc.so..12.5
After this call GNUC++ version 2.7.2.... is displayed and the next line begins
with a trap type 1, code=a61d, v=8b6ff ...

The shared libs are available in /usr/lib and are displayed when invoking
ldconfig with
the option -r.

I've done a kernel trace with the generic kernel giving the following output:

_Debugger(331dc,ed9be,1d67f0c, 1, 1d67f10) +6
_panic(ed9be,1,1d67f44,ee070,1) +34
_panictrap(1,a61d,8bf6f,1d67f58) +5a
_trap(1,a61d,8bf6f) +19e
_addrerr() +176

My filesystem is always completely clean before the panic.
The sourcecode of hello.cpp is placed on /sd0a at the moment (changed soon).
Would you like to get a kernel dump, too?

Regards

--
              Juergen Schmitz
      http://www.fh-trier.de/~schmitju