Subject: Re: public interest in cyberscsi-kernel
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tobias Hain <hain@appl2.hrz.uni-siegen.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/22/1997 21:33:32
Hi Ignatios,

> If you paid me full time, and gave me a contract over a lot of years =
(my
> current one is unlimited), I could work on demand. Note that you also =
should
[...]

Every contribution to NetBSD-Amiga is appreciated by the users (at least =
I think
so). We are happy that this system works, although the authors don't get =
money
for it. As a result of this noone can (will) urge someone to code =
something.

> If you want to help:
>=20
> If you're running NetBSD-current on your IDE, and think you know how
> to write a frontend to the sys/dev/ic/esp.c driver, I could make the =
DMA
> docs available to you. But you would be on your very own; there is no
> example driver which interfaces esp.c to the Amiga busses yet. Well,
> other than me, you would at least have a machine to test it on.

I'd really like to deal with it. It sounds very interesting. And if it =
would be
only to improve my knowledge in these things. But it's the same problem
you have: Too much other things... =20

> If you don't think you can do that, you might consider to offer your
> board for a couple of weeks or a few months to somebody who would like
> to try it. Note that (judging from my situation) transport risks would =
be on=20
> your side, and costs well... at least partially. Most people cant make =
such
> an offer, because they use their board daily with AmigaOS.

In a month I think I'm able to offer my cyberscsi mk1 for at least 3 =
months.
Certainly all risks would be on my side. But that's no problem. It's =
more
difficult for me to get a CyberStorm Mk1, if someone who likes to code =
for it
hasn't got one.

Please forward this to somebody who is interesting in it!

bye,
__
/oby