Re: Installation-Problems

   Date: 14 Apr 97 12:31:55 +0100
   From: Manfred Wagner <wagner%online-service.de@localhost>
   Sender: port-amiga-owner%NetBSD.ORG@localhost

   And uh, what I forgot in my last mail:

   I did use the 1.0 inst-disk for setup with the
   1.1 - kernel, resulting in

   Filesystem not clean - Please fsck

Yes. 1.0 didn't have the clean flag. The 1.0 install disk isn't marked
clean, and the 1.1 kernel complains about this.

   If I try to use the 1.1- inst-disk with the
   1.1 - kernel I am asked for the root device,
   typing fd0 -> Return I get

   Process (pid1) got signal 10

   running all over the screen in every line,
   leaving the machine hanging.

1.1 does not have an install disk...

it is using a miniroot, which you have to copy to the swap partition.
Read the 1.1 INSTALL document for details.