Re: Installation-Problems

Hi Matthias,

> Hi Folks,
>
> I am trying to install NetBSD1.2.1 here on my
> A2000/030/1MB/16MB/A2091/PicassoII
>
> I have prepared my harddrive and try to
>
> loadbsd -b netbsd
>
> loadbsd replies "Cant copy downwards yet".
> What did I do wrong ?

You, nothing. I made a sanity check a bit too crude; instead of
accurately checking for overlapped copies, it only checks for upwards
copying.

[To be precise, the error messages is wrong and should read "upwards"].

Now, I don't understand why it would try this at all with your setup...
do you have split memory? please show us the "showconfig" output.

I suggest you try to boot through chipmem (loadbsd -Z), or try an "avail
flush" before loadbsd. Or maybe try gobsd instead (its on
ftp.uni-regensburg.de in pub/NetBSD-Amiga/utils/ (i hope)).

Matthias Scheler thinks that:

>       "loadbsd" hast to copy the kernel into chip memory and there's
> obviously not enough of it free. Try to use a smaller kernel or free
> some chip memory.

but this explanation is wrong.

Regards,
        Ignatios