Problems with NetBSD installation.

Hi there,

I've been trying to install NetBSD for a long time with no success at
all. I've read the docs and faq several times, but still couldn't get it
work.
My set up is an A1200 with CSA 12' gauge ('40 / FPU 50MHz, 8 meg fast
ram plus SCSI). I have two HDs, one internal (IDE) and one external (CSA
SCSI) and also a CDROM.
The NetBSD partitions are on the external disc.
During the kernel load ("loadbsd -b netbsd" command) I get all the
configuration messages, including my discs and CDROM. Just after the
CDROM identification message the kernel hangs, not asking me the root
partition as it should. After trying everything I could think of, I've
found that if I load in debug mode ("loadbsd -bD netbsd) and issue the
command "continue" at the very first debug prompt, the kernel gets to
the point of asking me my root partition. I then fill it with sd1*, it
replies something regarding views (I think is 10 of them) and hangs.
I already tried with NetBSD 1.1 and 1.2 kernels and all of loadbsd
options.

Can anybody help me with that?

_Willy.