Subject: Re: A3000/25/8+2 worthwhile
To: Port Amiga <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Patryk Logiewa <silverdr@inet.com.pl>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/17/1997 12:17:50
Dnia 17-Mar-97, Kevin P. Neal napisa=EE:
>At 05:24 PM 3/16/97 +0100, Patryk Logiewa wrote:
>>The highest ECS resolution is called PAL: Super High Res Laced and give=
>>You 1280x512 though it's rather unusable due to PAL scan frequencies.
>>
>>I think the best solution is an overscanned PAL: High Res Laced passed
>>via the built-in flicker-fixer (called "Video Enhancer" in A3000) and i=
t is
>>supported by NetBSD.

>Except that the PAL resolutions run at 50Hz on the a3000. =

>Perhaps I'm just spoiled by NTSC, but I can see the refresh when I use a=

>PAL resolution. It's terribly annoying.

That's RIGHT! I am perhaps even more spoiled by the gfx boards
as every screen under 70Hz refresh rate makes me angry :-)
But the question was about the highest possible _resolutions_...
Wasn't it?

>My fav resolution is NTSC interlaced and overscanned (through the A3000
>Amber chip).

Mine is a bit different but it's off-topic.

Best regards.
-- =

      / /
     / /