Re: mondef not ok?

On 11-Ìáñ-97, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> Bffs-1.3 only implements the old BSD file system. It damages any
> newly-created, or updated, as of NetBSD-1.0 and later, filesystem.

> You should use Bffs-1.4 (which is readonly) or Bffs-1.5 (which hopefully
> knows about the 64bit structure).

I tried bffs 1.5b and it works fine.... thanks!

> I suggest you just delete that .X11-unix directory; the X server will
> restore it, and the socket for local connections in it, as needed. (it
> was below /tmp).

yes, it was only a temporary (silly me... it was in /tmp :)

> You should check the mondef file you use with the X server (if it is one
> which needs it); and, maybe, re-run "sh MAKEDEV all" in the /dev
> directory.

That was it! I just did it, and no more core dumps no nothing! It must have
been an invalid dev node or sth that caused the dumps...

Thanks Ignatios and Michael for helping me on this out...

PS. oh the mondef error, was a stupid error of mine, just some extra chars in
mondef file...

--
Konstantinos Margaritis
Under-graduate student at Physics Dept. of Athens University