Subject: Re: A3000/25/8+2 worthwhile
To: Bruno Bittner <bbittner@qualcomm.com>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/13/1997 16:27:32
At 12:30 PM 3/13/97 -0800, Bruno Bittner wrote:
>I have a Nec MultiSync 2A monitor that I'd like to use in the highest
>resolution
>mode, I think its called Productivity mode?  Is this supported in NetBSD?

The standard AmigaDOS "Productivity Mode" screen resolution was never used
very much, because it slows the machine down when used with too many colors.

What's wrong with overscanned NTSC?

Running X with 8 mb of RAM is generally considered to be "slow". I typically
hear people on the net say that 16mb is the minimum to get reasonable
performance from X. I personally think 12mb is OK.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/