Subject: Re: mondef not ok?
From: Konstantinos Margaritis <markos@acropolis.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/13/1997 14:01:42
On 11-=CC=E1=F1-97, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> Bffs-1.3 only implements the old BSD file system. It damages any
> newly-created, or updated, as of NetBSD-1.0 and later, filesystem.

> You should use Bffs-1.4 (which is readonly) or Bffs-1.5 (which hopefull=
> knows about the 64bit structure).

I tried bffs 1.5b and it works fine.... thanks!

> I suggest you just delete that .X11-unix directory; the X server will
> restore it, and the socket for local connections in it, as needed. (it
> was below /tmp).

yes, it was only a temporary (silly me... it was in /tmp :)

> You should check the mondef file you use with the X server (if it is on=
> which needs it); and, maybe, re-run "sh MAKEDEV all" in the /dev
> directory. =

That was it! I just did it, and no more core dumps no nothing! It must ha=
ve
been an invalid dev node or sth that caused the dumps...

Thanks Ignatios and Michael for helping me on this out...

PS. oh the mondef error, was a stupid error of mine, just some extra char=
s in
mondef file...

-- =

Konstantinos Margaritis
Under-graduate student at Physics Dept. of Athens University
e-mail: markos@acropolis.net