Subject: SV:
To: Per Magne Knutsen <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Erik H. Bakke <erikhb@bgnett.no>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/10/1997 08:57:00
>     Some beginners questions:
>
> I am planning on installing NetBSD on my Amiga. Its '060 acellerated and
with
> plenty of RAM.
>
> 1.  Does the swap partition  a l w a y s  need "2M for every M ram" ?
The 2:1 swapspace is recommended, but as you increase the amount of
physical
RAM, you should be able to reduce the relative size of the swap partition.
On my BSD system (running on a PC) I have 40Mb RAM, but not more than 60Mb
of swap, which amounts to 1.5:1 relative size.

> 2. What sizes is recommended for the /local partition ? Can anyone give
>     examples of sizes of this partition and for what purposes NetBSD is
used?

I usually keep the 'local' tree under /usr, in /usr/local.
The local tree is usually used to store files that you have installed and
that are local to
your own site (If my memory serves me right)

> Gratitude is expressed for advice !

Always glad to help someone getting started on BSD.

---
Erik H. Bakke
mailto:erikhb@bgnett.no   --- http://www.bgnett.no/~erikhb/