Subject: jazz drive
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Zoltan Kocsi <zoltan@bendor.com.au>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/05/1997 22:51:10
It is possibly a very lamer question, but I'm thinking about buying a Jazz
drive to my A3000/68040 system. It's having the stock A3000 SCSI and
is running NetBSD-1.1 quite happily.
Now would the jazz drive be a simple plug-n-play excercise or it would
require modified SCSI drivers, new kernel, whatever ?

What's more important, could then I read disk written by a Mac ?
I'd need to transfer huge images between someone else's Mac and this
machine and lots of them so the Jaz drive would be quite useful.
Also, there are programmers who do back up and there are others who will,
I'd like to join the former :-)

Thanks in advance,

Zoltan