Subject: None
To: 'port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG' <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Julius C. Fontanez <julius.fontanez@snet.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/27/1997 15:05:18
Hello troops...
Ok here we go...
I have finally completed the install of NetBSD 1.2 and X windows =
again...
Relatively smooth installation as installations go...and also very =
educational...
You can learn alot from these news threads....Any way, now that I'm up =
and=20
running i have a few questions .

1. How do i back up my system with an archive viper 250meg tape drive in =
high density
mode so that it uses the complete tape....?=20
(I have done a complete dump of root and usr only to find that whenever =
i try an=20
interactive restore it tells me that its not a dump tape? I am using =
device st0... what device do i have to use ?
and what is the command i have to use to restore the tape interactively =
or extract the complete tape in the case of a full restore..are there =
any switches that i need.)
At this point this is critical because should something go wrong in my =
installation and cusomizing of BSD It would really stink to have to redo =
all of my work from scratch.
Im speaking from experience...

2nd... I am currently using a 33 mhz mega midget with 8 megs of 32bit =
ram and 8 of 16 bit ram ?

I have tried using the -n2 and -n3 switch to use all of the ram for BSD =
but it crashes with  a core dump.... Is there anyway to use all of the =
memory for BSD or am i only limited to the 32 bit ram on the mega =
midget....

3rd.... Which would give me more bang for the buck as far as BSD is =
concerned upgrading to a 060 board with 2meg chip ram on an a2000 and =
some memory on the 060..... or buying a 4000 and adding some memory into =
that...??? Also what 060 boards for a 2000 are compatible with BSD....