Subject: Re: Serial Console... what about multiple virtual ones ?
To: None <staveren@bromo.PTF.HRO.NL>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/27/1997 15:47:15
   Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 13:59:32 -0100 (CET)
   From: Ruben van Staveren <staveren@bromo.PTF.HRO.NL>
   Cc: port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG
   Sender: port-amiga-owner@NetBSD.ORG

   1. Ok this not enterly amiga specific but hey I'm already get flooded by mail

   > I know in other ports there's a serial console kernel config option -- I'm
   > just curious if it works in amiga netbsd, and/or if anyone's tried
   > it out on the amiga port yet...

   What about multiple virtual consoles ala li**x ??
   could one use the /dev/view for that, or some pty multiplexer on a ttyexxx

   > Thanks in advance for any pointers...
   >
   > Eric Mehlhaff

   Ruben

   ps. Is buying `Implementations & Design of the 4.4 BSD system' worth my
   money ??

If you want to learn about Design principles and some of the
implementation details of 4.4BSD, yes.

If you want _all_ of the implementation details of the _network code_
only, get TCP/IP-Illustrated Volume 2, by Stevens/Wright.

But note (for both books) that there are deviations in NetBSD.

Regards,
	Ignatios Souvatzis