Subject: Re: Audio11 failed...SOLVED!
To: Stephan Thesing <thesing@cs.uni-sb.de>
From: Rainer Doemer <rainer@pal-ts1-077.slip.uci.edu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/23/1997 08:55:35
Hi guys,

I think I got it working!  :-)

The necessary tricks to make audio11 run under NetBSD 1.2 are:
1. Make a kernel with "options LKM" (to support loadable kernel modules)
   and apply the (slightly modified) audio11 patch
2. Compile audio11 (with few changes)
3. Execute modload in single-user mode (unless you made an _insecure_
   kernel with "options INSECURE")
4. make the device nodes according the _dynamically_ assigned
   major device number using the -p option of modload and
   a script similar to that, that Ignatios proposed
5. to make all this automatically at boot time items 3. and 4. should be
   executed by /etc/rc.local

OK, that's the way it works. However, if someone succeeds to build
a 'real' audio device and makes it available, I'd appreciate that.

For the time being I am going to put everything together and put
the updated audio12 archive on my machine "pal-ts1-077.slip.uci.edu"
and "ftp.uni-regensburg.de" for anonymous ftp.
But please give me some days for that... there are also other things
to do.

Thanks for the helpful discussion,

Rainer.

Rainer Doemer               email: rainer@pal-ts1-077.slip.uci.edu