Subject: Re: Audio11 failed...
To: None <thesing@cs.uni-sb.de>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/23/1997 14:22:31
   From: Stephan Thesing <thesing@cs.uni-sb.de>
   Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 12:20:15 +0100 (CET)

   >From the message modload gives:
   >Type    Id  Off Loadaddr Size Info     Rev Module Name
   >DEV       0  26 00526000 0010   528154   1 audio

   You can see that the device is loaded under number 26 (Off field).

   Just change MAJOR=25 to MAJOR=26 in the MAKEDEV script of audiosrc11.

This is the wrong recipe.

Rather, the mknod should be executed from the post-installation
script. One of the parameters this script gets is the major device
number allocated. Remember, people might have modload'ed some IP
filter or a strange filesystem or another driver first, in which case
you would get 27 or 28 or or 29 or 35 or...

   >Also, is there anybody working on a 'real' audio device
   >for the Amiga (similar to that described in audio(4))?

   Yes, me. Well, rather trying than working.
   Wrote a hardware driver for the audio device, which isn't working yet....

OH!!

You are the third one who confesses this.

	-is