Subject: Re: Audio11 failed...
To: None <staveren@bromo.PTF.HRO.NL>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/23/1997 14:19:17
   Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 10:24:00 -0100 (CET)
   From: Ruben van Staveren <staveren@bromo.PTF.HRO.NL>

   > Also, is there anybody working on a 'real' audio device
   > for the Amiga (similar to that described in audio(4))?
   The audio patch has been on the net since NetBSD 1.0. It must be
   terribly bad that it is not integrated yet. (????)

Its not that it is a bad or good implementation per se...

it is rather that it does all the work itself. It should hook to the
generic audio driver instead.

It is not that it is difficult to write such a beast, or adopt parts
of the existing code... It is only that nobody seems to have time to
do it, and when I did have time, _2_ people told me they were working
on it (to be precise, one of them told me he had it 90% ready). This
was 14 months ago.

	-is