Re: Configuring the floppies

On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, Phil Kernick wrote:

> I am running NetBSD 1.2 on my A2500.  It has a real C= high-density floppy
> as DF0: and a low density one as DF1:.
>
> When NetBSD boots, it claims that both floppies are "9 sector [11 sector]"
> which is correct for the 880k drive, but wrong for the other.
>
> There doesn't appear to be an fdconfig or similar program to tell it that
> DF0: is a 1760k drive.
>
> How can I do it?

 Try putting a high density disk in the drive *before* mounting the drives,
AmigaDOS queries the drive before it determines what kind disk it can
read/write to.  Don't know if this holds true to the NetBSD side of
things yet...I'm just getting started with NetBSD-1.2

  ***    grzanich%sover.net@localhost       (Jeffrey W. Grzanich)    ***