Re: Motif 1.2

Joerg Kollmann writes:
> Are the Mosaic-2.7b-binaries on
> ftp.uni-regensburg.de/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/contrib/X11 also compiled with this
> Lesstif or did someone buy a source code license:)?

        The old binaries were indeed statically linked with the real
        Motif libraries. That's why they worked so well. A statically
        linked Mosaic would also start faster.

> If they are linked with lesstif, it seems to work very well (or does Mosaic
> not
> use the buggy parts of lesstif?)

        Mosaic uses Lesstif heavily, so the buggy parts are quite
        visible. One example is the list widget which doesn't display
        the items unless the scrollbars are touched or an item
        selected. As I said, these problems will probably be fixed in
        future Lesstif releases, and replacing the shared library with
        a newer version will improve Mosaic too.

        jtp

I'm meditating on the FORMALDEHYDE and the ASBESTOS leaking into my
 PERSONAL SPACE!!