Subject: Re: Motif 1.2
To: Joerg Kollmann <joergk@Informatik.Uni-Bremen.DE>
From: Jukka Partanen <jtp@cs.hut.fi>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/15/1997 17:37:11
Joerg Kollmann writes:
> Are the Mosaic-2.7b-binaries on
> ftp.uni-regensburg.de/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/contrib/X11 also compiled with this
> Lesstif or did someone buy a source code license:)?

	The old binaries were indeed statically linked with the real
	Motif libraries. That's why they worked so well. A statically
	linked Mosaic would also start faster.

> If they are linked with lesstif, it seems to work very well (or does Mosaic not
> use the buggy parts of lesstif?)

	Mosaic uses Lesstif heavily, so the buggy parts are quite
	visible. One example is the list widget which doesn't display
	the items unless the scrollbars are touched or an item
	selected. As I said, these problems will probably be fixed in
	future Lesstif releases, and replacing the shared library with
	a newer version will improve Mosaic too.

	jtp

I'm meditating on the FORMALDEHYDE and the ASBESTOS leaking into my
 PERSONAL SPACE!!