Subject: Re: disklabel
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: <>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/12/1997 20:22:58
>NetBSD/Amiga does not use a disklabel command, rather it uses filesystem =
ID's
>generated by your HD partitioning software.

thanks.  i had more/less come that conclusion this evening, when i finally =
got a repeatable and useable ZIP-making process worked out by just bashing =
away with newfx and mount and ignoringthe warnings and errors.

- so: why *is* there a disklabel command in NetBSD/Amiga at all, =
never mind a different from the one you compile from src10?
- why do the manpages talk about having to disklabel?

- why does newfs make complaints hinting it wants disklabels, and can't =
write its own, etc.?

there've been grumbings in newgroups lately that NetBSD isn't as easy =
to admin as linux; i never guessed the docs and software load were =
actually conspiring *against* me.  that was frigging dangerous - in =
all the diddling with disklabel, i slipped once and wrecked the =
partition scheme on my main drive.  (miraculously, i only had to =
restore data in the Amiga partitions.)

--
Hume Smith  <URL:mailto:hclsmith@tallships.istar.ca>
            <URL:http://dess.tallships.istar.ca/%7Ehclsmith/>