Subject: Re: NetBSD1.1 Amiga install probs
To: matzing" , "port-amiga <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@tiger.teuto.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/12/1997 12:04:35
Manfred Matzinger wrote:
> 1) Booting from CD: The boot script does not set up my /usr partition
> and shows "can't shift that many. d is not a valid input" after asking
> for the location for the /usr partition.

 This unfortunately is a bug in the Install/Upgrade Script on the CD-ROM.
Please perform the standard installation using the inst12-fs to be found in
the miniroot directory.

> 2) Booting from a Miniroot Swap-partition: In this case /usr is mounted
> correctly (?) as /mnt/usr and I can also mount my CD-ROM and AmigaDOS.
> But if I try to install base11 from CD-ROM or from AmigaDOS (I simply
> copied the files) with "Extract base11", the installation starts, but
> stops after a few (10 - 20) files without any output. If I press
> Control-C in this state, the "^C" is shown on the screen, but nothing
> else happens...

 Hm. Have you set "Set_tmp_dir" before?

 Extract does basically the following:

 cat base11.?? | zcat | (cd /mnt; tar xvfslp )

> 3) So I joined the base11-pieces under AmigaDOS and decrunched them with
> gzip. I was able to dearchive the resulting tar-files under AmigaDOS
> without any problems. But if I cd to the directory /mnt under NetBSD and
> enter "tar xvf /mnt/ados/base11", the dearchiving stops after a few
> files. If I press Control-C in this state, the "^C" is shown on the
> screen, but nothing else happens...

 Looks like you have a SCSI problem somehow...

> Any ideas what's happening? What else shall I try?

 Yes, try out a NetBSD 1.2 kernel for instance.  The Blizzard driver has
been improved as far as I know.

--
Markus Illenseer