Subject: Re: zip/ditto/etc hardware
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG, port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: <>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/09/1997 15:39:09
well, it's true; a ZIP runs nicely on amigados.  having the dangdest time =
with NetBSD 1.0 though.

i spend quite awhile yesterday figuring out how to disklabel and newfs and =
such - not having done it a lot :)  it worked well enough to backup my 1.0 =
and store the stuff for upgrading to 1.2.

today the ZIP won't configure.  i'd changed the SCSI number of my Quantum =
from 6 to 3, so it would always be sd0 whether or not the ZIP was present. =
 now i get:

ahsc0 targ 5 lun 0: <IOMEGA  ZIP 100         N.38> SCSI2 direct removable
sd1 at scsibus0sd1(ahsc0:5:0): illegal request
sd1: could not mode sense (4); using ficticious geometry
sd1(ahsc0:5:0): not ready
sd1: could not get size
: 0MB, 0 cyl, 64 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sec
zthreebus0 at mainbus0
sd1(ahsc0:5:0): not ready
2 mice configured
10 views configured
sd1(ahsc0:5:0): illegal request
sd1: could not mode sense (4); using ficticious geometry
sd1: no rdb found

i have to boot with the ZIP empty; if it has a disk i get an  icmd abort  =
note and booting hangs.

any ideas why/whether changing the SCSI nos has broken the configuring?

--
Hume Smith  <URL:mailto:hclsmith@tallships.istar.ca>
            <URL:http://dess.tallships.istar.ca/%7Ehclsmith/>