Re: Graphical browser under NetBSD-1.2.

Hi,

> [I was having problems getting mosaic to work.]
> That's why I ftpd the old shared libraries and made them available to the
> dynamic linker.  I was working under the assumption that if mosaic
> wanted libX11.so.6.0 and both libX11.so.6.0 and libX11.so.6.1 were
> available, that it would use the first.  Obviously it's not
> as simple as that because it didn't work.

Hmm, it should work the way you thought it would. There must be sth.
different going on. Whenever you have a problem with your shared-libs,
try ldd:

ldd mosaic

will show you which shared libraries are actually used.
Use ldconfig to change the search path. If you need more information
on these programs, have a look at the man-pages :-)

If you want to find out, which symbols are defined in which library,
use nm on the library. man nm will tell you more about the output you
get.

Hope this helps,

  Guenther