Re: NetBSD1.1 Amiga install probs

On Mon, 30 Dec 1996, Zoltan Kocsi wrote:

> On 29 Dec 1996, Manfred Matzinger wrote:
>
> > I like to install NetBSD1.1 from the "Gateway! Vol. 2" CD to my Syquest
> > 270S of
> > my A1200 with Blizzard 1230II (68030/50, 68882/50, SCSI-Kit).
> >
> > All partitions are set up correctly and I can mount AmigaDOS and my CD-ROM,
> > but
> > I'm unable to decrunch the main program sets (e.g. base11.??), which are
> > included in form of gzip-tar archives.
> >
> > I tried different methods:
> >
> > 1) Booting from CD: The boot script does not set up my /usr partition and
> > shows
> > "can't shift that many. d is not a valid input" after asking for the
> > location
> > for the /usr partition.
> >

> I had the same problem, as far as I remember the install script on the CD
> is broken. I read the script, figured what it did (or what was it supposed
> to do) and after booting from the CD I did it manually (killed the script
> after creating the root partition). I had to read a few man pages but at the
> end it worked out quite easy.
>
> Zoltan

  Yes, this too is what I had to do.  I did however copy all the file
sets to the last partition on the drive and did not have anymore problems.
  One other note, I found the INST-11.fs to be broken on my copy of the
Gateway 2 CD :-(   This cause a little frustation to say the least.

  ***    grzanich%sover.net@localhost       (Jeffrey W. Grzanich)    ***