Re: using a ZIP cart for /usr

Hi Dan,

> Hi,
>   Well, I got the drive geometry from NetBSD, and entered it in
> HDToolBox.  First of all, it wouldn't let me use the first 2 blocks,

hm: it needs one for the RDB block and one for each partition. Normally
it reserves (per default) 2 _cylinders_ (so that you can store
filesystem code in there, and bad block tables (not everybody had scsi)),
but you can override it.

What should be possible with NetBSD, btw, is, to use the _whole disk_
(/dev/sdNc). As the first 16 blocks (8 kBytes) are untouched by the file
system to leave room for a boot block or similar things, this would work.

> presumably for the RDB.  I got all the data entered in, rebooted
> and booted NetBSD, and it still won't allow me to use the
> Zip cart as /usr.    Any more suggestions?

Hm.
Can you show us:

- dmesg output
- disklabel output

- maybe the output of rdbinfo (from Aminet I think)

please?

        -Ignatios