Re: Gzip for AmigaDOS

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, She stares at the screen at the little words in green
wrote:

> I've searched everywhere, and the only one I've found is gzip124x2 on Aminet
> under
> util/pack. This works to a point, but won't handle .tgz files, and seems to
> crash my system more than I can tolerate. Maybe it isn't 040 friendly, I
> dunno.

Increase your stacksize before starting gzip, try something like 20000 or
so. To untar .tgz and .tar.gz you also need tar, but I guess you've
figured that one out already. So first unzip them, and then `tar xvf
file.tar' to unpack them. (btw. the amiga-tar is quite funny with it's
"Warning, you are running current revision of ixemul.library" message :) )

 Kolbjørn Barmen  /\¯\ "I met the Amiga and fell in love..."   // T e a m
kolla%nvg.unit.no@localhost \/_/   <http://www.nvg.unit.no/~kolla/>   \XX/ A M
I G A
Nettverksgruppa NVG    Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU