Re: using a ZIP cart for /usr

In Ignatios Souvatzis$s on
<199611191542.QAA09296%theory.cs.uni-bonn.de@localhost>$s,
Re: using a ZIP cart for /usr$s wrote the following:

> Up to, and including, NetBSD-1.2, we didn't understand the scsi "mode
> page" which removable devices use, which is different from the one
> fixed devices use. So a fictive geometry is used by NetBSD. This is no
> problem for NetBSD itself... however...
>
> The RDB partition table is in units of cylinders (instead of blocks),
> so you just dont find the partitions.
>
> The workaround is to use HDTOOLBOX or a similar tool and first set the
> geometry to the one NetBSD reports when booting, then assign partitions.

Hi,
  Well, I got the drive geometry from NetBSD, and entered it in
HDToolBox.  First of all, it wouldn't let me use the first 2 blocks,
presumably for the RDB.  I got all the data entered in, rebooted
and booted NetBSD, and it still won't allow me to use the
Zip cart as /usr.    Any more suggestions?
--
Dan Murrell Jr. - danimal%mail.warped.com@localhost - IRC nick: Danimal
programmer of DaFTP graphic FTP client for Amiga, SpamServer,