using a ZIP cart for /usr

Hi,
  I decided to take the plunge and install NetBSD, but lacking a whole lot of
HD space, I was going to put my /usr on a ZIP cart.  In the install program,
I can make it up to the point where I have to select the partition to use for
/usr, and then it doesn't give me the option of using sd1 (my ZIP cart.)  I
can use disklabel sd1 and see the partition just fine, it's using the bsd FS,
etc.
Can you just not use removeable media or something?

Thanks,
Dan
--
Dan Murrell Jr. - danimal%mail.warped.com@localhost - IRC nick: Danimal
programmer of DaFTP graphic FTP client for Amiga, SpamServer,