Subject: 1230-IV SCSI support
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thomas Haller <tha@vsnhdc.cern.ch>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/18/1996 10:08:41
Hallo NetBSD-Amiga folks,
I tried the new kernel
/pub/comp/os/NetBSD/NetBSD-Amiga/kernel/netbsd-bIV2-bin12beta.gz
from ftp.uni-regensburg.de with my Blizzard 1230-IV SCSI board.
(I write the following out of memory:)
The good news:
-) it recognizes the board scsibus1 at bzscn (B1260)
-) it recognizes the SCSI-devices:
   Seagate ST43400N at Lun0
   Exabyte EXB8500 at Lun1

I prepared all necessary partitions on the SCSI-disk,
but when the kernel asks for the boot device
( I now enter sd1* instead of sd0* for my
ide-disk) I get the following:
kernal panics with an error like:
scsi-error bszscn(0:0:0)
(I get I think four of these messages before evrything stops ..)

When I enter sd0* as boot it boots like normally from the ide-disk,
but every attempt to access the SCSI disks gives the same error:
scsi-error bszscn(0:0:0)
(I think it always appeared multiple times ..)

Does that help as error report ?

Cheers
___
 |homas
P.S.: the minifilesystem that I transfered to the swap-partition on
the SCSI device with xstreamtodev was from the Gateway II CDROM, so it
was still from 1.1 distribution. Could this cause problems with the
new kernel?