tip bug?

I think I have found a bug in tip / cgetustr (from getcap.o)
in NetBSD 1.2.

Has anyone managed to get tip to work properly when using the
cyclic dialing option (put a bunch of numbers for one name
in /etc/phones and say pn=@ in /etc/remote for that system)?

In remote.c, a @ is reduced to ``NULL'' by cgetustr() even though

cgetustr() supposedly doesn't process control characters according to
the man page.  As a result, remote.c thinks that there is no
phone number for the system and exits.

By termcap convention, a @ means that a capability does not exist so
having cgetustr return ``NULL'' sort of makes sense.

If cgetustr's behavior is OK, tip is broken.

-Robert Dick (dickrp%wckn.dorm.clarkson.edu@localhost)-