Subject: blank screen with new kernel ?
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/14/1996 00:25:35
Hi, I finally got a new kernel to AmigaDOS (gobsd still loads the kernel
from the AmigaDOS partition ?) using z-modem (:) but when I booted it,
I came up with a blank, black, screen (A3000, 2M chip, 12M fast).  I used
the default params for video in the config file, what did I do wrong ?
(This is NetBSD 1.1)

my config file:

include "std.amiga"
maxusers        16
options         TIMEZONE=-600, DST=1
options         "M68030"        # support for 030
options         FPCOPROC        # Support for MC6888[12] (Required)
options         SWAPPAGER       # Pager for processes (Required)
options         VNODEPAGER      # Pager for vnodes (Required)
options         DEVPAGER        # Pager for devices (Required)
options         INET            # IP networking support (Required)
options IPFILTER_LKM
options         QUOTA           # Disk quotas for local disks
options         NFSSERVER       # Network File System server side code
options         NFSCLIENT       # Network File System client side code
options         FFS             # Berkeley fast file system
options         MFS             # Memory based filesystem
options         PROCFS          # Process filesystem
options         KERNFS          # Kernel parameter filesystem (Recommended)
options         FDESC           # /dev/fd filesystem
options         NULLFS          # Loopback filesystem
options         FIFO            # FIFO operations on vnodes (Recommended)
options         ADOSFS          # AmigaDOS file system
options         "CD9660"        # ISO 9660 file system, with Rock Ridge
options         "COMPAT_10"     # compatability with older NetBSD release
options         "COMPAT_09"     # compatability with older NetBSD release
options         "COMPAT_43"     # 4.3 BSD compatible system calls
options         COMPAT_SUNOS    # Support to run Sun (m68k) executables
options         "TCP_COMPAT_42" # Use 4.2 BSD style TCP
options         SYSVSHM         # System V-like shared memory
options         SYSVMSG         # System V-like messages
options         SYSVSEM         # System V-like semaphores
options         GENERIC         # Mini-root boot support
options         LKM             # Loadable kernel modules
options         KTRACE          # Add kernel tracing system call
options         DIAGNOSTIC      # Add additional error checking code
options         "NKMEMCLUSTERS=256"     # Size of kernel malloc area
options         PANICWAIT       # Require keystroke to dump/reboot
options         DDB             # Kernel debugger
options         MACHINE_NONCONTIG # Non-contiguous memory support
options         GRF_ECS         # Enhanced Chip Set
options         GRF_PAL         # PAL
grfcc0          at mainbus0             # custom chips
grf0            at grfcc0
ite0            at grf0                 # terminal emulators for grf's
le0             at zbus0                # Lance ethernet.
ahsc0           at mainbus0             # A3000 scsi
scsibus*        at ahsc0
sd*     at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # scsi disks
st*     at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # scsi tapes
cd*     at scsibus? target ? lun ?      # scsi cd's
pseudo-device   ppp                     # ppp
pseudo-device   view 4                  # views
pseudo-device   pty 16                  # pseudo terminals
pseudo-device   loop                    # network loopback
pseudo-device   bpfilter 4              # berkeley packet filters
pseudo-device   tun 2
config  netbsd swap on generic

btw, it would be nice if there was something that mentioned "DDB" is
required if any of the other options (such as PANICWAIT) are used that
need it to link the kernel satisfactorily.  But it might be in 1.2...
when are 1.2 CD-ROMs being pressed ? :(

Darren